Head of Content - Boutique Hotel Website - up to £36k
This client are really passionate about boutique hotels and luxury villas – independently-owned properties where the owners and their carefully selected teams really care about the guests and the service is truly personal. Founded in 2002, what started as an affordable marketing platform for small hotels has now become the best online guide for personally selected boutique hotels, luxury villas and B&Bs.
This client are looking to expand their central London team with a Head of Content, a tech savvy and creative individual who is passionate about both overseeing other content writers plus also writing boutique hotel and travel destination content across all digital channels including; social media, website, emails, partner promotions.
Whether it is writing about golden sands and clear blue waters or capturing the culture and vibrancy of a city escape, they need your creative flair, ecommerce, SEO and digital marketing skills.
This client has a unique family feel where energy, enthusiasm, teamwork and a hunger to succeed are all mixed with a common purpose. Their future is an exciting one and they are looking for a talented star to join them and shape their brand experience across all customer touch points, but mainly all digital touch points.
The role is responsible for the effectiveness and success of the brand; all content, copy, imagery, video across all communications platforms; web, blog, mobile and social media, to effectively be the ‘Brand Guardian’. All content must be on brand and meet commercial objectives. It also needs to be cost effectively produced to budget and delivered on time.
- Organise and coach the team to produce highly engaging travel & hotel content
- Oversee the structure and delivery of the Brand Content Calendar
- Ongoing improvement and refinement of the brand content strategy
- Ensure content supports and meets commercial targets (bookings, SEO)
- The role is expected to brief and oversee the work of junior writers / content producers and external content sources such as bloggers, as required.
- Agree editorial features with the CMO and produce quality engaging editorial content e.g. interviewing hotel owners to uncover their passion, uncovering the coolest places to eat in a destination
- Responsible for the accuracy and up to date and full information of hotel information on the website
- Responsible for merchandising of the homepage, keeping it fresh, dynamic in order to highlight specific hotels that need marketing support
- Write/ oversee advertising copy & design
- Ensure hotels are getting the right level of marketing support to drive bookings by proactively planning communications to ensure specific hotels gain bookings
- Responsible for the growth and engagement and overall performance, look & feel of all social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest
- If / when they produce a book, lead the writing and editing.
- Responsible for improving the conversion rate of specific webpages.
- Recruit and oversee content of external bloggers
Experience and skills required:
- Extensive experience of working within travel editing and writing
- Creative direction, brand content must look beautiful, seduces lookers to book
- Excellent knowledge of SEO, ideally technical as well as content structure
- Social media strategy and how to use each channel to meet commercial objectives
- Ability to craft compelling online copy to seduce users to buy unique travel experiences
- Excellent level of English language (ideally a degree in English)
- A good eye for imagery (and ideally someone who is used to shooting their own photographs for their content)
- Proven ability to work well under pressure
- Weekly/ Month board reporting on progress and deliverables
- Using Google Analytics and other SEO tools to optimise digital content
- Expert in CRO and ecommerce best practice
- Warm, personable, brand ambassador