Senior Account Executive - Global PR firm - £25-£29k - London
This client’s Employee Practice delivers multi-million revenue each year and has ambitious targets for growth. Their work covers every step of the employee lifecycle from employer reputation-building to internal communications, change and engagement.
You will be a key member of the team tasked with developing a solid understanding of our clients’ businesses as well as general industry trends. The role is challenging and rewarding and offers the successful candidate career growth potential.
- As a Senior Account Executive, you will have a good ability to edit and proofread communication with the ability to conduct research, prepare and conduct client presentations and documentation with the direction of a more senior member of the team.
- Day-to-day contact for our clients, responsible for the delivery of communications programmes across a number of accounts at any one time. Able to manage more than one mid-sized and small projects at any one time to agreed deadlines.
- You will draft materials for client programmes including press releases, media advisories, interview briefing notes, agendas, logistics documents and media reports.
- Excellent understanding of commercial needs of agency and financial requirements of clients. Manage budgets up to £30k independently and up to £50k under supervision.
- You will play a key role in developing storylines and pitching news to journalists with the objective of delivering coverage which meets and exceeds clients’ expectations. As part of this, day-to-day you will monitor the news media (print, broadcast and online) and undertake desk research – media and social media audits, research and analysis - in order to keep abreast of industry developments and to identify news hooks.
- Collaboration with the Content team on the delivery of copy briefs and contributing to the creation of short form copy like social media posts, news releases, bylines, social media content and more.
- You will be expected to actively contribute to the development of client proposals and implementation of campaigns, attend client meetings and assist with the organisation of client activities including media events, seminars, workshops, round tables, speaking events, competitions and product launches.
- Using digital channels is a key focus across the agency, you are expected to monitor the advances in the digital and social media sector to ensure the team stays ahead of emerging and developing trends and you will pitch stories to bloggers and other online influencers and communities and deliver client coverage through online and social media channels.
- As part of the new business drive, you will actively participate in new business brainstorms, carry out research for new business pitches and proposals and support pitch meeting logistics.
- You will help draft case studies for new business credentials and you will be expected to use social media platforms to write insightful content pieces on behalf of the agency.
- You will start to grow your profile across the agency – becoming in demand and used in external and internal projects when project teams require corporate expertise.
- You will start to actively contribute in client discussions and help to strengthen relationship with key clients.
- Be accustomed to working with project plans, events, social media and digital campagins. As a Senior Account Executive, you will have more of an involvement in plans and actively participating in internal meetings (alongside Account Managers and Account Directors; stepping in for Account Managers as required).
- Previous PR / Communications agency experience, ideally working with both UK and multinational brands
- In-depth knowledge of professional services or food and drink would be an advantage
Your Personal Qualities
- Ability to add value and make a real difference
- Organised, meticulous about keeping promises and meeting deadlines, with excellent attention to detail
- High energy and able to multi-task, with a real ability to quickly prioritise across a number of projects
- Ability to work in an agile manner and adapt to changing requests
- Comfortable working in a small, ambitious team within a large agency structure
- A proven team player, with the ability to empathise with clients and remain flexible in achieving goals
- Competent in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent written English
- Digitally savvy, active on social channels and passionate about PR and communications