Operations Support / Catalyst
Our client is the leading European consulting firm in private equity, real estate and infrastructure. They advise fund managers on technology, operations, change management and outsourcing.
We have a new exciting job opportunity for a ‘catalyst’ / operations support professional with operations and client servicing experience to join the dynamic and busy team.
The catalyst helps optimise the performance of the business through the provision of dedicated support services to client facing teams. In addition, the catalyst will work closely with the operations team & chief of staff to help improve business processes and support internal transformation programmes.
This is a new role for the company and has been created to help underpin the rapid growth of their business. It is not an EA, a team administrator or an IT support role, although there are elements of the tasks that might suit someone with experience in these environments.
The successful candidate will largely be effecting tactical solutions but will need to think strategically about the impact of their work on the company as a whole. You will be curious, ask lots of questions and be highly organised. You’ll be able to juggle multiple tasks and be able to quickly switch focus from one activity to another without losing pace. The catalyst must be able to deliver solutions, no matter how big or small the problem.
What might a typical day include?
· Working with a client EA to successfully schedule a series of vendor workshops & secure relevant meeting rooms, then drafting up an agenda to slot into the presentation pack
· Delivering a crucial piece of hardware to a project team based near Green Park, then grabbing 30mins with the director of professional services to review their calendar for the week ahead & suggesting changes to help maximise facetime at client site
· Booking travel for a project team to fly to a client site in Europe at 48hrs notice, then filing the receipts with the accounting team
· Troubleshooting a software issue affecting several members of staff, resolving the problem then suggesting a process change to reduce the chance of another occurrence
· Researching venues for our next company teambuild event and presenting a shortlist of recommendations
· Running a report to show which team members are on holiday next month & flagging any risks to the relevant project engagement leads
· Chasing up actions ahead of a key internal meeting to discuss the implementation of a new accounting system.
What are the perks?
· Based at lovely offices in Angel, with flexibility to work from home or one of 10 satellite offices across London
· Competitive package, with private healthcare & pension scheme after 3-month anniversary
· Contribution of up to £150/month towards a Tfl travelcard (and in return, expect to do some whizzing about the city to meet with various members of our client-based teams)
· Join a growing business with a genuine passion for learning & development, and plenty of opportunity to progress onwards and upwards.
· This role is a perfect stepping stone into most other roles in our firm because you’ll get exposure to just about everyone and everything.