What does the company do?
A very successful private equity backed lender is looking for a Senior Underwriter to join the expanding team of its luxury automobile lending business.
This is an exciting opportunity for a smart, ambitious, and experienced Underwriter to be part of a leading auto lending business and team.
Within this key role, you will work closely with members of the Credit Team, reporting to the Chief Risk Officer and you will assist the company in achieving its business objectives through effective underwriting, portfolio management and reporting.
Our client is looking for a seasoned Underwriter with significant track record in underwriting HNWI (offshore and onshore) and ideally with experience in high end cars. The individual will be an excellent communicator and will bring enthusiasm and a strong work ethic to this small and dynamic team. You will get excited by the thought of working in a fast-paced, engaging environment and able to confidently work under pressure and against deadlines.
Your key day to day responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the underwriting process in line with company credit policy framework
- Analysing and assessing potential large clients and assisting in making a lending decision
- Preparing monthly credit reports to the CRO and wider stakeholder environment and presentation of portfolio analytics and initiatives at the Risk Committee.
- Managing the client experience and journey for a portfolio of clients
- Providing feedback to the management team to offer improvements in the client journey and overall client experience
- Liaising with the sales, sales support and introducers to optimise the client trajectory and experience
Tell us about your ideal candidate’s personality and qualifications
Qualifications and skills:
- At least 5 years’ experience within a similar underwriting role (credit/risk)
- Work experience in a bank or asset lender (preferred) with experience of working with high net worth individuals
- Current leading team of junior underwriters (credit managers/associates)
- University educated with a 2.1 degree or above
- Experience of operating under a tiered mandate structure
- Strong numeracy and reporting skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly organised and superb attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to deliver to clear and defined expected outcomes
Personality and approach:
- Commercially driven with plenty of common sense
- Nimble and out of the box thinker
- Confident, articulate and a great communicator
- A self-starter who is motivated, enthusiastic, and proactive
- A collaborative team player
- Strong work ethic and flexible attitude
This is an outstanding opportunity for a smart and ambitious Underwriter looking to play a key role in a leading luxury auto lending business based in north London
Please note that we will only contact those candidates that we assess as suitable for the position we based on their experience, training and skills. If you do not hear from us within 5 working days from your application, please accept our apologies but we are unable to help you on this occasion.