Project & Events Coordinator – Football events agency - £20-22k - London, NW1
Our client is an events company and agency for former footballers, set up by Josh Landy and former Arsenal footballer Perry Groves.
We arrange events (a variety of stag, birthday, charity and corporate) allowing members of the public the opportunity to play alongside former players, whilst we also find a range of commercial opportunities for those former players we work with, both here in the UK and abroad.
Our sister company was set up in October 2016 to arrange baking events with past contestants from The Great British Bake Off for a range of hen, birthday and corporate events. It also acts as an agency finding opportunities for those we work with.
We are seeking a project coordinator, to assist in the running of both companies, who will help oversee day-to-day activities, reporting to the founder. We feel it will suit a recent graduate or an individual with 1-2 years’ experience in a related field.
The successful applicant will be based at our offices in a co-working space in Camden Town, London, a few minutes’ walk from Camden Town tube station.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Handling client enquiries and being the point of contact throughout booking process.
- Arranging logistics for events.
- Selling events to potential customers – raising invoices.
- Collate feedback from events.
- Create a monthly newsletter..
- Maintain relationships with existing clients and create new ones.
- Attend networking events to promote the company.
- Management and updating of the website.
- Handling social media for the company (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Linkedin)
- Oversee and delegate to a team of freelancers to ensure appropriate staffing at all events.
Skills & Competencies
- Strong communication skills and an ability to build rapport.
- Strong interest and knowledge of football.
- Driven, self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Comfortable hosting events.
- Strong attention to detail & great time keeping skills.
- Good workload management.
- MS Office proficiency.
- Comfortable handling basic accounts.
- Strong telephone manner & ability to communicate to wide range of audiences.
- Event management experience desirable.
- Previous work within sport / football desirable.
- Required to act as an ambassador for the company.
- Using own initiative to organise various tasks in order of importance.
- Ability to work independently.
Hours of work / Travel
- As a guide, office hours are 9.30am to 6pm Monday to Friday. However, you’ll need to work some weekends where we have events and time off during the week will be agreed where needed. Travel around the UK will be necessary and a (clean) driving license would be a bonus.